About Me

My photo
Hello friends and family :) So I made this blog to show you guys what I'm doing down here in Sucua Ecuador, and to share my experiences. The town here is amazing, and the country is gorgeous. Keep in touch and shoot me an email or comment every once in a while. Audios!! ;)

Sunday, February 13, 2011

My second month thus far

 Rockin' out to some Peruvian beats
 Huambanimi
 The beautiful Vargas Girls
 I guess this is what I look like from a child's artistic rendition ;)
 Sucua Hall
 Guayaquill
River after service in our service clothes..I love the ministry here.


-  So I'm at my second month and I'm speaking Spanish at the equivalent  of a caveman mixed with an Indian Chieftain. "Where the bathroom is?  Wow, sky much beautiful."

I'm teaching this younger one here how to play guitar, and in reimbursement, I get a free meal every time, good deal to me :)

And uh..I have a confession..Well..here's the story...a brother here is moving and they're putting on a going away thing for him...And..they decided to do a dance for him...well...the GUYS did..  And ..it's Backstreet Boys..Backstreet's back, ALRIGHT!!!  Professionally choreographed.  No joke.  So...I'm really at a loss for words.  My reasoning for agreeing to this was.."When will I ever be in Ecuador again, and have the opportunity to display warm Christian love, by way of Dance?  To the B.S. Boys...that's right..B.S. Boys.

Service has been a challenge to me.  In the states...(Estados Unidos)  If I have something to say or express, or share, I do it.  But here..It's memorizing a presentation, handing them a tract/magazine, and smiling.  Pretty much back to square one, reminds me when I was a kid :)  But it's slow but sure.  I'm not getting discouraged just for the fact that I can't communicate.  The fact that I am here fortifies a feeling of completeness and a no doubt that my decision to come here, was the best one I could have made.  I mean..the people here give of themselves so much, it really has made me look through "New Eyes" so to speak.  Our recent book study of "Come be my follower" ch. 17 pg 177 par. 10 "No One Has Love Greater Than This" has this to say...
              "This is my commandment, that you love one another just as I have loved you.  No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his soul in behalf of his friends." (John 5:12, 13)

The NEW commandment, in effect says:  "Love others, not as yourself, but "More than yourself." ."

Reflecting on that reading and whatever issues I might have had or would in the future develop, nullifies anything that's not uplifting, loving, and encouraging.  It really puts into perspective a duty that Christians have to live by.  Work tirelessly toward all things that are good in Jehovah's eyes...to your neighbors, loved ones, friends, and especially to those related to you in the faith.  But it's not without focus.  The preaching work has precedence over "feel good" mantras of life customs and traditions by worldwide religion.  By "La Palabra de Dios", everything that is life, will come into fruition.

So this week has been mentally intenso.  I mean...geez louise peppa cheeze...as my good friend in Reno NV says...Life...is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment