About Me

My photo
Hello friends and family :) So I made this blog to show you guys what I'm doing down here in Sucua Ecuador, and to share my experiences. The town here is amazing, and the country is gorgeous. Keep in touch and shoot me an email or comment every once in a while. Audios!! ;)

Thursday, January 6, 2011

My first day

So my plane ride was quite uncomfortable.  I guess I expected a lot more from my first airplane ride...bubbly drinks on the rocks..."would you like a hot towel sir"...yeah..there was none of that.  Mostly crying baby's, random turbulence, and the occasional flatulence from someone near me who wouldn't admit their stinkyness.

When I arrived in Quito, I was surprised at how many Haitians there were.  Of course a lot of peddlers, but Quito to me, seemed like Rio De Janeiro except FLAT.  Very crammed in, colorful buildings that the paint was peeling off of, but still very eclectic .  We stayed at a Hostel called The Palm Maple, and it was $17 a night /person.

Our bus ride was actually really nice.  I got to witness to this older gentlemen who looked like a Peruvian, and he spoke 5 languages. AMAZING.  I took a lot of pictures along the way of the locals and Shuar people.  The ride really seemed like a National Geographic documentary.  Yurts, little shoeless children, street vendors, and Volcanoes scattered the whole duration of the 6 hour bus ride. 

The town here Sucua is quite tranquil.  Everyone waves and makes an effort to say "How are you" in English, as I say "Que Tal" in my John Wayne Spanish accent.  It's been on and off torrential down pour here, so service is still a no go as of 10:50 my time, 7:50 your time.

The internet connection is good if there isn't any rain..but so far, there's A LOT of rain.  Stay in touch for pics!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! It's like being there with you. You have a talent for writing also!

    ReplyDelete